History


HISTORY

Conewago Township was formed in 1818 from portions of Newberry and Dover Townships.  The new municipality was shaped like a wedge between Dover Township and Manchester Township on the east and Newberry Township and Dover Township on the north and west.  At a later date East Manchester Township divided from Manchester Township to become the second municipality bordering Conewago Township on the east.

 

The township’s oldest village, Strinestown, was founded in 1800, and had a population numbering 160 by 1886.

|

 

 

 

 


Agendas/ Minutes

Ordinances

Forms/Permits

Departments

Recreation

Waste/Recycle

Police/Fire

Open Records

 


Conewago Township
490 Copenhaffer Rd
York, PA  17404

266-2122

adm@conewagotwp.com